Business Unit Manager, Gate 3 (First Shift), CEC
Country:United States of America
Location:PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
The principal duty of this position is to provide supervision, leadership and support to Columbus Engine Center, ensuring smooth and efficient operations for jet engine assembly, disassembly, and test processes. This will require the incumbent to continually search for opportunities to enhance the production processes and the product using a variety of problem-solving techniques, effective interpersonal and communication skills, along with technical competencies. Incumbent will motivate, coach, and encourage employees to optimize standard work, career development and personal satisfaction. The Gate 3 BUM will promote excellent employee relations and empowerment of all assigned personnel. This role will partner with the BUMs from Gate 1, Gate 2, and off-shift BUMs to meet expectations of engines in progress. This role reports to the Engine Center Operations Manager.
Key Job Requirements
- You are expected to reflect role model behaviors in which others want to learn from, always does the right thing, exemplifies servant leadership, holds self and others accountable, encourages teamwork and delivers a quality work product – you are expected to lead by example and in accordance with Pratt & Whitney culture and values expectations
- You are expected to act in a mentoring capacity; openly shares skills and experiences with others to grow and develop team members
- Motivate and encourage others to help team achieve success
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels for Gate 3, both hourly and salary
- Provide leadership necessary to address continuous improvement, capture efficiencies, and increase productivity.
- Manage and coach operations’ supervisors supervising hourly employees within a cellular environment
- Ensure all production activity meets established quality standards and cost estimates; lead analysis and development of processes, performance metrics, and trends to drive increased performance and production cycle time
- Interface with Quality, Materials, Finance, and Engineering to support integrated value stream solutions
- Build a responsive and flexible culture where cross training and teamwork are key
- Aid in the development of budgets, forecasts, succession planning, and strategic development
- Direct the justification and acquisition of capital equipment
- Coach employees to develop a motivated, effective team and proactively address performance issues, as needed
- Support corporate and site EH&S policies and procedures and actively support continuous improvement initiatives driven by the CORE (formerly known as ACE) operating system
- Meet business metrics goals as defined for each cell (Cost, Quality, Hiring, Delivery, EH&S).
- Lead process improvement opportunities using CORE and Lean Strategies to enhance quality, decrease process cycle time and reduce operational costs.
- Implement root-cause corrective actions in a timely manner to ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Meet the schedule, plan and execute contingency plans.
- Administer CEC’s policies and procedures to ensure compliance and equitable treatment for all employees.
- Ensure that all Gate 3 Operations employees have current development plans and performance reviews.
- Demonstrates commitment to the EH&S program by complying with all policies and procedures, completing all required training, and supporting all applicable committee activities.
- BA/BS in Business Management, Operations, or related field required. MA/MS/MBA preferred.
- Six to ten years of manufacturing and leadership experience.
- Must be a proven leader of corporate initiatives promoting safety, continuous improvement, diversity, ethical behavior, employee engagement, and career development
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms