Aviation Industrial Engineer
Country:United States of America
Location:PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Columbus Forge Blades, a recognized leader in producing airfoils for the aerospace propulsion market, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you would like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to incorporate new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity for you!
In this industrial engineering role you will support plant site initiatives, projects, and activities. This includes the application of Lean Manufacturing, Operational Excellence, Quality Engineering, Project Engineering, and discipline-specific concepts through:
- Identifying projects related to cost reduction, quality improvement or productivity improvement
- Contributing to Visual Management & Control, Layout, Flow & Linkage and Standard Work according to the UTC operating system, Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE)
- Participating in kaizen events as appropriate for functional area of responsibility
- Leading kaizen events (ACE training will be provided by UTC)
- Improving production work cell and process flow design
- Processing time studies to ensure accuracy of routing and identify opportunities
- Developing and updating process maps
- Developing and updating Value Stream Maps (VSM)
- Developing and updating Standard Work, Standard Work combination sheets and load charts
- Using innovative problem solving methods and creative solutions
- Monitoring and analyzing turn backs to develop corrective actions
- Supporting the Process Certification process
- Learning and applying new concepts and keeping current with state of the art techniques
- Periodic travel required (<10%)
- Final Grade/Level of position will depend on experience and qualifications.
Education / Certifications
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree
- Bachelors’ Degree with 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment OR
- Associates Degree with 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Experience in manufacturing and non-manufacturing process improvements
- Training and demonstrated proficiency in Excel Macros or other programming languages
- Understanding of capital acquisition process – knowledge or background preferred.
- Demonstrated project management experience with excellent organizational skills
- Experience with Process/Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Ability to work and interact with all levels of an organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Reliability, willingness to learn, attention to detail.
- Candidates should be self-starters and able to work with minimal direction
- Ability to data mine through multiple information systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Access and Visio with experience in Project
- Ability to work in a safe manner within the Aerospace Manufacturing Environment
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles, experience with Kaizen events or experience with a continuous improvement program (ACE, 6S, VSM, 3P, etc.)
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms