2nd Shift Quality Engineer
Country:United States of America
Location:PW702: P&W Autoair, Inc. 5640 Enterprise Dr., Lansing, MI, 48911 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Ensure products and processes meet engineering & customer requirements by applying configuration verification and internal audits.
- Review engineering documentation, Quality procedures and test plans.
- Collect and present Quality metrics on key process indicators.
- Provide on-site Quality support to both internal and external customers.
- Establish and maintain the Quality procedures and manuals for AS9100, regulating entities and FAA FAR Part 145 regulations requirements.
- Serve as focal point for engineering, customer service support, and operations to investigate and resolve any quality issues.
- Perform product, process, and system audits and verify root cause analysis and effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions taken.
- Review and provide update on technical data changes, etc. as needed.
- Review product first articles, PFMEA's, etc....
- Collect and analyze data to identify adverse trends and improvement opportunities.
- Participate on cross functional team projects to improve the overall organization and to develop a career path and leadership.
- Willing to get cross trained on any other responsibilities of QA department as the need arises.
- Monitor quality management system in accordance with AS9100 and other regulatory requirements.
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts.
- Bachelor of Science or Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent field required.
- A minimum of 3 years of aerospace quality assurance experience required.
- Familiarity and comprehension of quality management system standards
- Reviewing engineering documentation and has technical writing skills.
- Knowledge of Document Control and Calibration systems.
- Master of Science in Engineering with 1–3+ years of aerospace quality assurance experience.
- A&P License strongly preferred.
- Background in Aviation strongly preferred..
- Self-motivated and takes initiative and can work independently.
- Ability to be flexible, work under pressure and accept any change for business reasons.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms