Country:United States of America
Location:PW221: Mikro - Charlottesville,VA 1180 Seminole Trail Suite 220, Charlottesville, VA, 22901 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Quality Technician reporting to the Quality Manager.
• Perform quality inspections and audits to ensure conformance with customer requirements.
• Collect and report on inspection and other QA data using various tools and software.
• Coordinate ongoing calibration and testing program.
• Assist with the preparation of procedures and documentation which support the company’s Quality Management System.
• Assist Quality Manager in complaint resolution using techniques such as root cause analysis and DOE.
• Perform other tasks as needed to support the company’s objectives.
• Report all incidents, hazardous conditions, and emergencies.
• Perform an assessment of risk of his/her work activities and taking corrective action.
• Properly use and maintain assigned control measures complying with EH&S rules & regulations.
• Use personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Associates Degree in a relevant technical field required or equivalent experience.
• At least 2 years of Quality Assurance / Quality Control experience in a mechanical manufacturing environment.
• US Citizenship required due to government contracts
• Experience with ceramics, casting and molding is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of, and ability to use, standard Quality Assurance processes and procedures to ensure on-time delivery of quality product.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong time management, organizational, and data-management skills.
• Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
• Skilled in using PC-based computing applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel; and inspection and document-control applications.
• Comfort with tolerances at the micron level.
• Skilled in verifying product dimensions against drawing specifications using measurement devices such as micrometers, dial indicators, and pin gages.
• Ability to learn advanced measurement equipment such as programmable optical and CMM equipment.
• Familiarity with ISO 9001 audit procedures and requirements.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms