Country:United States of America
Location:PW221: Mikro - Charlottesville,VA 1180 Seminole Trail Suite 220, Charlottesville, VA, 22901 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious. Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Experience in the manufacture and assembly of small precision components;
- Sufficient eye-sight and hand-eye coordination to successfully carry out precision production activities within established production and quality standards;
- Ability to accurately follow written and verbal instructions;
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team;
- Mechanical or machining skills;
- Ability to multi-task and use a variety of manufacturing methods;
- Ability to use basic computer and online applications.
Participate in the company’s Quality Management system;
- Keep workspaces clean and organized;
- Assemble fixtures for molding and casting;
- Precisely measure solids and liquids
- Make molds;
- Make castings;
- Finish machining;
- Clean and finish parts;
- Operate platen press;
- Assemble precision stack laminations;
- Operate photochemical machining equipment
- Operate imaging equipment in a clean room environment;
- Use microscopes and other inspection equipment for in-process inspection, and document and communicate inspection results;
- Keep careful, thorough and readable notes in a lab notebook.
- Report all incidents, hazardous conditions, and emergencies
- Perform an assessment of risk of his/her work activities and taking corrective action
- Properly use and maintain assigned control measures complying with EH&S rules & regulations
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE)
High school degree or equivalency required, technical school valued
3+ years of on-the-job manufacturing or technical experience in a precision environment
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms