Country:United States of America
Location:PW221: Mikro - Charlottesville,VA 1180 Seminole Trail Suite 220, Charlottesville, VA, 22901 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
As a Facilities Manager, you will lead a team of facilities professionals engaged in planning, organizing, and scheduling for maintenance, construction, renovation, and repair of organization facilities to ensure proper upkeep of the organization’s facilities and equipment. Responsibilities include:
- Support, ensure, and improve compliance with local, federal, and company Environmental, Health and Safety standards.
- Planning for and overseeing major renovations and new construction by coordinating between industrial contractors, P&W manufacturing engineering, corporate facilities team and building owner.
- Manage maintenance team through coaching, mentoring, and hiring additional technical expertise as needed.
- Serve as the point of contact between P&W management and the building owner for matters related to fire protection systems, contractor coordination, building upgrades, etc.
- Continue to develop a preventative maintenance schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out, plan in missed maintenance activities, and lead the team to deliver effectively.
- Integrate inventory management system with preventative maintenance system.
- Supervise visiting contractors and ensuring each meet company health and safety requirements.
- Manage and coordinate annual capital budget.
- Steward capital spend requests through eCAR process.
- Develop clear accountability for maintenance and facilities material spend combined with a strategy to manage expenditure.
- Planning and coordinating all installations and refurbishments.
- Skilled in construction management methods and tools to properly scope, budget, schedule and manage successful projects.
- Work with architects, engineers, general contractors, and various construction trades to coordinate a well-defined schedule
- Work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operation and recommend, support, and implement continuous improvement activities to optimize results.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
- Overseeing custodial and security contractors.
- Establish a key control program and procedures for the security of all basic and master keys that service their facility.
- Ensuring that the lighting, heating, air conditioning and ventilation systems are operating properly to provide good working and/or living conditions for occupants.
- Report and investigate immediately all accidents or near misses as per Company guidelines.
- Verifies Performance Evaluations are being performed on maintenance technicians by his/her direct report.
- Drives maintenance and reliability focused on preventive & predictive Maintenance, not reactive.
- Manage the process of disposal of obsolete machinery, plant and equipment from gaining agreement to write off to physically removing it and its safe and lawful disposal.
- Develop, implement, and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility.
- Maintain an aggressive energy and water conservation program.
5+ years of experience in Facilities Management and/or Industrial Maintenance or 3+ years with an advance degree
US Citizenship due to program requirement
BS Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
A proven track record of leading multi-functional teams and projects with a background that includes working with ACE, Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma or related Continuous Improvement tools with a proven track record of cost savings and continuous improvement accomplishments.
Hands on experience and dynamic problem solver with the ability to craft solutions to everyday challenges with creative new ideas.
Expert written and verbal skills with ability communicate in a straightforward manner. Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
Executive presence and comfortable interacting with leadership
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms