Country:United States of America
Location:PW221: Mikro - Charlottesville,VA 1180 Seminole Trail Suite 220, Charlottesville, VA, 22901 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
The Environmental, Health and Safety Professional will act as a partner in EH&S by formulating and administering EH&S plans and procedures including EH&S Program Management.
We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Environmental, Health & Safety professional to be based in Charlottesville, VA
- Drive the culture of the Environmental, Health, and Safety program at the Mikro Systems Facility.
- Support implementation of the UTC and Pratt & Whitney EH&S Management system.
- Organize and maintain assigned EH&S policies to achieve and maintain compliance with regulations.
- Participate in the site EH&S Council.
- Oversight for all applicable federal, state, and local regulations as well as company policies and procedures (Applicable safety programs include LOTO, electrical safety, machine guarding, elevated work, confined space, industrial hygiene, risk assessment, blood borne pathogens, powered industrial vehicles, respirator protection and hearing conservation).
- Support management of a robust environmental program which includes wastewater permitting, RCRA waste management, potential site air permit, storm water no exposure certification, x-ray registrations.
- Coordinate the Workers’ Compensation process, first aid and injury reporting
- Lead efforts to continuously improve EH&S performance and operations, including improvement programs and corrective actions, environmental protection projects, conservation activities, and integration of EH&S initiatives into overall business operations.
- Interface with government agencies to maintain regulatory compliance (audits, annual reports, permit applications, etc.).
- Work with Human Resources to implement EHS training requirements.
- Conduct safety inspections and analyzes audit findings to develop corrective actions and achieve and maintain safe work practices.
- University Degree in Health and Safety, Environmental Sciences, Engineering and minimum 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizen due to government contracts
- Advanced Degree in Environmental, Health & Safety will be given priority.
- A proven track record of leading multi-functional teams and projects with a background that includes working with ACE, Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma or related Continuous.
- Improvement tools with a proven track record of cost savings and continuous improvement accomplishments.
- Hands on experience and dynamic problem solver with the ability to craft solutions to everyday challenges with creative new ideas.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with ability communicate in a straightforward manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural awareness.
- Executive presence and comfortable interacting with leadership.
- Expert in risk assessment and reduction.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms