IT Systems Engineer
Country:United States of America
Location:PW192: Carlsbad 5940 Darwin Court , Carlsbad, CA, 92008 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney is seeking a highly motivated individual to lead selection and implementation of information systems for a R&D facility focused on the manufacturing maturation of ceramic matrix composite (CMC) turbine components. CMCs are an enabling material that increases the temperature capability of jet engine components. Through successful development and application of these materials, P&W will deliver engines that are more fuel efficient, lighter weight and more durable for commercial and military applications.
The CMC IT Systems Engineer's responsibilities include:
- Select and implement hardware and software to efficiently and effectively support the operations of an agile, fast paced R&D facility
- Lead selection, implementation and maintenance of a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) that is appropriate for a fast paced R&D environment that also includes scalability to support production of turbine engine components
- Lead selection, implementation and maintenance of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution and integration with corporate systems
- Lead the strategy for the CMC digital thread- a comprehensive data collection, analysis, and visualization system.
- Lead big data analytics project to identify trends and relationships within the digital thread to improve processes and predict component life based on process data and field conditions (Digital Twin)
- Support site initiative to implement automation solutions
- Support a 24/7 operation as required
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 7+ years' relevant experience in Hardware, Software or IT System related or 5 years' with an advanced degree
- BS Degree in Engineering or Computer Science discipline with 3.0 GPA or higher preferred.
- 8-10 years relevant experience
- Server, Network, and Hosting Environment - appropriate use of file system, cloud storage, network resources.
- Data Modeling - good understanding of relational and non-relational data stores
- Business Logic - object oriented skills and knowledge of frameworks
- API Layer - ability to define clear & concise interfaces
- User Experience - have a good understanding of how users of the application want to work
- Automated Processes - ability to write /define unit tests, automated build, test, run
- Experience with authentication and network security
- Knowledge of ERP & MES technical design, development, deployment and extensions.
- Training and support experience.
- Experience working in manufacturing environments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills that effectively articulate solutions to complex problems
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships and exercise influence
- Ability to lead integrated teams to deliver outstanding results and overcome challenges
- Knowledge and effective practice of aerospace quality practices like ISO9001 AS9100
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms