Country:United States of America
Location:PW192: Carlsbad 5940 Darwin Court , Carlsbad, CA, 92008 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney is seeking a highly motivated individual to lead the engineering team to develop and manufacture ceramic matrix composite (CMC) turbine components. CMCs are an enabling material that increases the temperature capability of jet engine components. Through successful development and application of these materials, P&W will deliver engines that are more fuel efficient, lighter weight and more durable for commercial and military applications.
The CMC R&D Engineering Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Lead all areas of engineering, processes, work instructions, quality requirements, materials selection, and regulatory requirements.
- Help to develop and enforce standardized engineering practices, processes, tools and methods across all products.
- Manage projects and lead Continuous Improvement, project management, quality improvement efforts.
- Provide exemplary professional representation to P&W and other OEM’s, to the FAA and to other regulatory agencies.
- Develop materials & manufacturing engineers in key technology and skill sets which are critical for the group success.
- Lead implementation of automation solutions
- Lead the strategy for comprehensive data collection and analysis from all processes that will support robust process development and understanding as part of the digital thread for CMCs. This includes establishing methods for data collection, data analysis and data visualization to enable statistical process control (SPC)
- Lead a team of engineers supporting the recruitment, development and retention of engineering talent.
- Manage the resources and assignments across the manufacturing cells.
- Identify, investigate and implement new technology to address business goals
- Support a 24/7 operation as required
- Bachelor’s of Science in engineering, manufacturing, or technically-related field is required.
- 8 +years of progressively responsible engineering experience in the Aerospace industry and a thorough knowledge of FAA and ISO regulations and standards is required.
- 5 years of leadership/managerial skills is also a requirement, and have the ability to work with all levels of management, personnel and customers.
- Master’s degree in engineering or a related field is preferred.
- Leadership, critical thinking, business discernment, innovation, collaboration, written & verbal communication, presentation, analytical thinking, problem solving, customer focus, attention to detail.
- Prior supervisor experience is desired.
- Prior experience in process engineering and/or aerospace is highly desirable.
- A thorough knowledge of quality and process improvement tools such as Six Sigma and LEAN
- Knowledge and effective practice of Environmental, Health and Safety requirements
- Knowledge and effective practice of aerospace quality practices like ISO9001 AS9100
Pratt & Whitney is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms