CVI Project Leader
Country:United States of America
Location:PW192: Carlsbad 5940 Darwin Court , Carlsbad, CA, 92008 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney is seeking a highly motivated individual to support the manufacturing maturation of ceramic matrix composite (CMC) turbine components. CMCs are an enabling material that increases the temperature capability of jet engine components. Through successful development and application of these materials, P&W will deliver engines that are more fuel efficient, lighter weight and more durable for commercial and military applications.
The CVI Project Leader responsibilities include:
- Lead team in development of processes for Chemical Vapor Infiltration (CVI) and Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) to produce ceramic matrix composites.
- Manage the cost, schedule and quality of the CVI project
- Work closely with manufacturing and engineering integrated teams to develop new processes and implement new designs into production and to eliminate quality turn backs, escapes, and reduce overall product costs.
- Play an active role in the Integrated Product Team process for CMC turbine components
- Provide focused & effective leadership in eliminating EH&S/Ergonomics/Human Factors risks and addressing quality issues as processes transition into production.
- Create and implement strategies for automation to improve quality and minimize process cost
- Identify & implement shop floor process optimization, control methods, and work instructions (including specifications, engineering changes, QAD/process control, and tooling definition/requirements.)
- Lead the strategy for comprehensive data collection and analysis from this process that will support robust process development and understanding as part of the digital thread for CMCs. This includes establishing methods for data collection, data analysis and data visualization to enable statistical process control (SPC)
- Establish metrics for the process including yield, cost, cycle time, capacity, safety, delivery etc. Monitor outcomes to identify and implement improvement opportunities
- Conduct root cause investigations as required and implement corrective actions
- Monitor and improve OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) through implementation of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) practices
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years relevant experience in Engineering or Engineering Research or 5+ years of relevant experience with an advanced degree
- Degree in Engineering discipline with 3.0 GPA or higher preferred.
- Experience managing technology projects, ideally with new materials and processes
- A working-knowledge of quality and process improvement tools such as Six Sigma and LEAN
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships and exercise influence
- Ability to lead small teams to deliver outstanding results and overcome challenges
- Knowledge and effective practice of Environmental, Health and Safety requirements
- Knowledge and effective practice of aerospace quality practices like ISO9001 AS9100
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms