Country:United States of America
Location:PW192: Carlsbad 5940 Darwin Court , Carlsbad, CA, 92008 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Sets-up and operates a variety of tools to make ceramic, graphite and metal parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines to exacting tolerances and dimensions. Operates and programs machines to complete specific production steps or processes. Participates in design of fixtures and tooling for new machining processes. Monitors and verifies quality in accordance with statistical processes or other control procedures. Forms and shapes
- Interprets blueprints, work orders, engineering plans, specifications, reference planes, designs sketches and geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T) for operation, material, and dimensional requirements
- Primary focus is grinding of ceramics but machining of metals, graphite and other materials will also be performed
- Assembles, repairs, and fabricates ceramic and metal parts into sub-units or complete units using operating mechanical equipment
- Supports experimental work to optimize machining processes including work holding, tool holders, tools, feeds, speeds, coolant flows. material and selects appropriate machines for the process
- Incorporates part inspection data pre-process and in-process to achieve high yields
- Performs machining setups and makes adjustments as required
- Conducts inspections of work produced
- Checks SPC charts for frequency of checks, gauging and measurements
- Keeps records and maintains quality/safety standards
- Interacts with and programs machine loading and unloading automation as applicable
- Operate manual machines for protoyping, maintenance and repairs
- 3+ years’ work experience in CNC machining
- HS diploma with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a HS diploma or GED, 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Collins Aerospace will not offer sponsorship for this position.
- More than 5 years’ experience in Machining
- Experience in the aircraft industry or related with strict adherence to tolerances
- Two year technical degree preferred
- Ability to work from blueprints, sketches and detailed instruction
- Use a variety of gauges and precision measuring instruments
- Knowledge of ceramic machining processes including tools and machine settings
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms