Senior Associate, Procurement
Country:United States of America
Location:PW222: PW Puerto Rico Road 110 North Km28.8 San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR, 00603 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB PURPOSE
Responsible for all aspects of the relationship with a specific supplier within a commodity. Directs and manages all schedules, and purchase orders for the client account or the product family. Ensures product is delivered on time, meets quality standards, and at the right cost. May perform delivery assurance responsibilities
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES OR TASKS
- Carries out Procurement processes, standards, and operational plans, including RFPs, negotiation preparations, and cost analysis.
- Responds to value stream inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Carries out activities associated with purchasing goods, materials, supplies, and services to ensure terms are in the organization’s best interest.
- Prepares purchase orders, approves payments, and negotiates prices to ensure the procurement process goes smoothly, under general guidance.
- Compiles price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to provide input on reasonable prices.
- Prepares request for proposals (RFP) and bid packages to take on new accounts.
- Monitors contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Contacts suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries to ensure resolution of problems such as shortages and missed or late deliveries.
- Responsible for all aspects of the relationship with a specific supplier within a commodity.
- Directs and manages all schedules, and purchase orders for the value stream account or the product family.
- Ensures product is delivered on time, meets quality standards, and at the right cost.
- Perform delivery assurance responsibilities
- Develop and follow existing procedures, processes, and work instructions.
- Coach, mentor, and provide technical guidance to new team members.
- Conduct and maintain a program for internal inspection processes
OTHER MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES OR TASKS
- Attend and have participation in group meetings, teleconferences and/or training required.
- Actively participate in initiatives for continuous improvement using ACE tools and support AS9100 efforts. Obtain ACE Associate certification.
- Support project management activities.
- Based on business needs, the incumbent may be required to support other duties/functions within the company.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Materials Management, Business Administration or Engineering, Finance, Accounting and Information Technology..
- 2+ years of relevant experience as a buyer, supply chain, purchasing or procurement
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required.
- English fluency (verbal and written)
- Preferred fields in BA include: Finance, Accounting and Information Technology.
- 2+ years of relevant experience as a buyer, supply chain, purchasing or procurement in the aerospace industry
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High proficiency in MS Office suite
- Critical thinking skills
- Extremely detail and process oriented
- Strong administrative skills: Must be able to manage multiple tasks and adhere to specific timetables
- Ability to work in a team environment
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms