GLOBAL TRADE AUTHORIZATIONS SENIOR ASSOCIATE
Country:United States of America
Location:PW222: PW Puerto Rico Road 110 North Km28.8 San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR, 00603 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day.
Just look up.
As a P&W Global Trade Authorizations Analyst the employee will be responsible for overseeing and managing P&W’s compliance with US or non-US government commercial and military authorizations for the export, re-export and/or retransfer of Pratt & Whitney hardware and/or technology, or for the non-US manufacture of hardware for Pratt & Whitney or other recipients. The employee in this role may be assigned as a Global Trade Authorization Owner (AO) with responsibility as the primary point-of-contact for commercial and military hardware and/or technology licenses owned by Pratt & Whitney Operations.An AO is responsible for managing day-to-day compliance with an Authorization, including updating the authorization as required and coordinating with Authorization Users embedded in the business.
- Work within a multi-discipline export compliance team driving execution of P&W and business unit GT process, via strong communication and leadership skills, to obtain required licenses and support other pertinent matters as required to assist other P&W GT authorizations professionals and P&W GT leadership.
- Manage a portfolio of various types of export authorizations, including: Manufacturing License Agreements, Technical Assistance Agreements, DSP licenses, commerce licenses, and exceptions/exemptions under the EAR and ITAR.
- Monitor export authorization details and business conditions to ensure PW obtains/renews export authorizations in a timely fashion and properly manages existing authorizations (including values associated with export authorizations)
- During the authorization drafting process, work closely with technical experts in Operations and Engineering to compile pertinent information to enable accurate and effective drafting of commercial and military export licenses and agreement applications for the export of controlled hardware and/or technical data, services, and manufacturing activities.
- Facilitate and support company procedures related to export compliance, edit and maintain appropriate export licensing, agreements, exemptions and exceptions standard work processes, provide one-on-one export compliance guidance to internal customers, and contribute to and conduct internal training toward matters related to export controls.
- Manage and train Authorized Users and act as a resource to answer questions regarding use of assigned authorizations and the execution of Authorization Standard Work.
- Reconcile quarterly ITAR agreement Hardware Manufactured Aboard (HMA) value with supplier and SAP and analyze expenditure rate and future demand to ensure sufficient authorization coverage.
- Create and maintain monthly agreement/license export data logs.
- Administer daily agreement/license Authorized Users and export transactions utilizing AMP, TD360, SAP/GTS, and other GT automation tools.
- Develop and maintain GT expertise through internal and external GT training
- Participate in the development of training material to share lessons learned and communicate updates to GT training material to the user community.
- Conduct training as necessary at PR to AO’s with direction from the GT Authorizations Supervisor.
- Conduct and support quarterly meetings with Authorized Users.
- Bachelor’s degree. Preferred fields include Engineering,
- Law, International Trade Compliance, Program or Systems Management, and Supply Chain.
- Knowledge of the ITAR and EAR.
- English fluency (verbal and written)
- High level communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Extremely detail and process oriented
- Ability to work with and influence people with diverse backgrounds and experience.
- Excellent skills at problem identification and development of effective solutions.
- Strong administrative skills: Must be able to manage multiple tasks and adhere to specific timetables
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office applications Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
This is a remote position. Candidates from all locations will be considered.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms